I haven’t posted an update recently about our house hunt because I wasn’t sure how things would shake out. I also didn’t want to cause undue excitement.
Long story short… about a month ago, we decided to make an offer on a house. We went back and forth with the seller a few times, and accepted a counter-offer before we found out that the seller hadn’t been making their payments for over a year and was in a bad financial state. The seller wouldn’t be able to sell at the agreed upon price without it being a short sale. We tried to work out a deal with the bank, but the seller wasn’t cooperating and didn’t pull info together for the bank in time. After that we decided to back out of the deal. It’s been a frustrating month, to say the least.
So, we’re back to the drawing board. We’ve expanded our search and are thinking about looking at homes in different neighborhoods. Renting is also still a possiblity. I’ll be travelling a bunch during December and with the holidays we won’t have a lot of time to look at houses, but we’ll keep you posted if our address changes anytime soon! At any rate, I’ll be asking
Santa Jesus for a house this Christmas. Or a puppy.