Lately, I’ve started thinking Luke and I have been slacking off, since we haven’t found our house and just passed the five month mark of living at B&L’s. But when I think about it, and realize we’ve looked at over 50 houses and have been down in Kalamazoo looking at homes just about every free weekend since we arrived, I’m pretty sure we’re giving 110%. Maybe we need to low our standards? …nah. We are feeling a little more pressure now that the lake-effect snow has started falling, and Luke has been spending even more time commuting (10 hours/week is crazy enough already).
Since my last post about our house hunt, we put in an offer on another house listed as a short sale. When our initial offer wasn’t accepted we decided to let the deal go. The house was super-duper nice, but we didn’t want to get stuck waiting on all the complexities of a short sale, which can take months. The other update is that we’ve been assigned to a new realtor, Bev, because Frank left the group he’d been working with the go it alone. It’s a bummer because we liked working with Frank, and after spending several hours with him each week for the past several months we’d bonded. Bev leaves something to be desired. How old do you think she is?
The good news is there are two homes we’re currently considering, and depending on how convos with the listing agents go, we might be making another offer in the next week or two.
- #1 is the closest to our dream home, of all of the houses we’ve looked at. It’s got plenty of space, doesn’t need any work, and is a home we could grow into. Plus, the office has its own fireplace. Check it out.
- #2 would be a more conservative move in terms of size & price. This is one I’ve posted pics of before. We’d have some projects to do on the place, and the kitchen is pretty small. The house has a lot of charm, but would need some updating.
I’ll let you know what happens, and in our case no news is probably not good news. Go Pats.